What We Need To Discover
- What do we need?
- What do we want?
- How do we feel?
- Are we resentful for doing too much?
- Are we angry because we expected someone to do something for us?
- Are we meeting our basic needs for food, water, and sleep?
Getting the answers to these basic questions gives insights into how we are feeling. The answers tell us how to have fun this summer pampering ourselves. At the same time, our happiness makes life more pleasant for those around us.
How can we restore the balance between our needs and our responsibilities? Recovery answers, "Keep the focus on yourself" or simply take care of yourself.
Will You Celebrate With Us?
Let's get out there and have fun.
- Let's make lemonade and show life who's boss
- Let's love ourselves well
- Let's play hard
- Let's eat fresh fruits and veggies
- Let's picnic
- Let's relax
Most importantly, let's band together. Let's cheer each other on and be accountable. At the end of the summer, we will look back on how how much better we treat ourselves. For the next 100 days, we will ask ourselves in a loving tone, "What do you want?" We can't wait to see what the answers are.
A Reach Out Recovery Exclusive By: Pam Carver