Reach Out Recovery Exclusive by Pam Carver
1. Drinking during pregnancy can cause FASD - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders.
2. Children with a FASD often have trouble in one or more of these areas: learning, memory, attention span, communication, vision, and hearing.
3. Living with the affects of FASD is tough, as one mom shared in A Letter To My Son's Birth Mom.
4. Thanks to Nadine's article, Hollywood Taught Me To Drink, we learned to take a closer look at fictional portrayals of drinking.
5. Supporting a pregnant friend while other friends are at a wine tasting is both thoughtful and kind, as demonstrated by The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper.
Both the CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics agree no amount of alcohol is safe to drink during pregnancy.