Let’s take a few moments to revel in the act of stepping across the dividing line between addiction and recovery.
- You have more money in your bank account now that you are not spending it on substances, whether they are alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.
- You are sleeping more soundly, as you are not being kept awake by the incessant desire to use.
- You have left behind dysfunctional relationships that only served to drag you down.
- You have attracted new sober friends with whom you can have clean fun.
- You can safely get behind the wheel of a car and not worry about whether flashing lights will be viewed in your rear view mirror.
- You know that you will not be likely to wake up in a jail cell.
- You have greater self-respect.
- You may actually grow to love the woman or man in the mirror.
- You are likely to feel a greater sense of vitality and you are healing on all levels.
- You look forward to the future.
- Your thinking is clearer and you can make better decisions.
- You can improve all of your relationships since there is no longer a substance between you and them.
- You have reclaimed your life, which is the most important gift of all.
Reach Out Recovery Exclusive By Edie Weinstein