Reach Out Recovery Scholarship
Reach Out Recovery Scholarship is a scholarship program designed to make college education a little more affordable for a few deserving students. The idea is to give away $1000 to three college students, helping pay for their tuition fees at their enrolled college for the annual academic session of 2017.
Students, especially bright and talented students, are the foundation of our future and they deserve the most recognition and reward. At Reach Out Recovery Scholarship, we know paying college fees in USA is a burden for many students so we decided to make the burden easier for the two candidates who show the most potential and talent. Our scholarship is accessible to all college students for applying with minimum eligibility requirements. Learn more below.
Who Can Apply for Reach Out Recovery Scholarship?
The Reach Out Recovery Scholarship is for full time college students and we do not discriminate in anyway regarding who can apply as long they meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled fulltime in an accredited college or university
- Have an average of 2.8 GPA or higher
- Are able to provide proof of enrollment and grades report
What to Attach in Your Application?
When you email us your application, it must contain the following attachments and details:
- A 1000-word application essay (details below)
- Proof that you are enrolled in a college or university in the USA
- Proof that your grades are maintaining 2.8 GPA or higher (you can attach your recent semester’s grades)
- Any references from your professors (optional)
- Contact information
Disclaimer: Your information will not be used for any marketing or commercial reasons. It will only be used to review your application and too see if you are qualifying for the Reach Out Recovery Scholarship.
For reviewing your potential, we require you to send in a 1000 word essay that in some way discusses a recovery issues. Please visit our web page at: www.reachoutrecovery.com and click on Recovery Topics in the menu. Select any topic and discuss your personal experience with this topic. Also briefly include why you need this scholarship and how the money will help you, and what your future academic and vocational objectives are. We will assess applicants based on this essay, selecting candidates that show the most promise and those who have inspiring circumstances and need the money the most. Here are the essay outlines you need to follow:
- Essay must be of 1000 words
- It must describe three main things:
1) Your personal experience with one of the topics listed.
2) Why do you need this scholarship/money?
3) What are your future plans and goals regarding your education and career?
- Essay can be sent in PDF format or as a Word document
Selection Process and Selected Candidates
The selection process will be administrated by the Reach Out Recovery Scholarship committee. The members of the committee will review applicants’ emails and essays to check for eligibility and select candidates based on how enthusiastic, academically talented, and promising they seem. A total of three (3) candidates will be selected and awarded the $1,000 scholarship (no candidate will be awarded more than once). Selected candidates will be informed via the contact information they provide in their email and further instructions will be dispatched within 30 days of the application deadline.
Please note that the application deadline for 2017 is June 15th, 2017.